Writing a novel is a lengthy process, but one I am getting better at.
When entering Kickstarter I had completed my final draft of Mal Winter and the Last Titan. But that didn't mean it was finished. My Amazing editor Erin still had work to do, which means so did I.
Her first task was a structural edit of the book. Which included some significant changes, including rewriting entire chapters, entire scenes and changing some fundamentals of the novel. All great things, and changes to make the story better.
From her first run through we identified over 25 tasks, although some were minor and trivial, as aforementioned, some were entire chapter rewrites. And now I'm happy to say the structural edit for The Last Titan is COMPLETE. It took about two and a half weeks longer than expected (I moved house in the middle of the process) but now the structural edit is complete and we can move to the final copyediting.
My goal is to get books out ASAP, and right now I'm hoping for end of June!
Can't wait to share Mal Winter's second journey with you all!